Diffusing oils is super popular and it isn't because it is just a fad! People are learning about the positive difference essential oils can make in their everyday lives! We are very passionate about getting oils into as many homes as possible.
So why is diffusing essential oils so amazing?
1. Everyone in your house can benefit when you are diffusing oils (Even grumpy husbands-there really is an oil for that! BALANCE!)
2. The oils can provide support for the immune system and cleanse your home of airborne germs.
3. Cleanse the air....seriously....maintenance came to change the filter in my air conditioner and thought someone else had already changed it because it still looked new! Nope...I just diffuse!
4. Oils are incredible for emotional support. Diffusing oils can help you stay calm during a stressful situation and are also great if you are feeling anxious or sad.
5. Great way to make your house smell wonderful while also getting the therapuetic benefits...no candle can do that. So much healthier for you than chemical air fresheners and sprays that can disrupt your endocrine system and mess up your hormones.
6. Oils can provide respiratory support. Great to use at night in the bedroom.
7. Diffusing oils can promote restful sleep!
8. Diffusers are safe. There is no heat or open flame and most diffusers turn off automatically when the water is running out.
9. Everyone can use a diffuser! Just add water and a few drops of oil!
10. Safe, cheap and effective. You don't need much to get started!
What do you need to start diffusing?
A good quality diffuser. There are lots of options out there but they aren't all created equally. I have had some cheaper versions that last for 6 months and some that have been around for almost 5 years! My favorite is the new Lumo diffuser and the Petal from doTERRA. For a larger area the Aroma Ace is my go to.
Next, you need some good quality oils! 100% pure essential oils that have been tested for purity and potency and make sure the company provides the reports of the testing. You should be able to smell the purity and potency as soon as you open the bottle. Just because you purchase it from the Health food store doesn't mean it is 100% pure. There are no regulations on the labeling of essential oils so it can say 100% pure but if you don't have the test results to back that you can't always believe it.
What oils should you diffuse?
We always recommend starting with the top 10 oils. You can add to your collection as you go. If you have the top 10 oils that come in the doTERRA kits you will be ready for anything!
Here are a few diffuser recommendations with the Top 10 Oils:
8 drops Breathe
5 drops Breathe + 4 drops Frankincense
4 drops OnGuard + 4 drops Breathe
8 drops OnGuard
Kick the Cough
2 drops Oregano + 2 drops Melaleuca + 2 drops Lemon + 2 drops Peppermint
4 drops Peppermint + 4 drops Wild Orange
Uplifting Diffuser Blends
6 drops Lemon + 3 drops Peppermint
6 drops Wild Orange + 3 drops Frankincense
4 drops Wild Orange + 2 drops Lavender + 3 drops Peppermint
Relaxing Diffuser Blends
8 drops Lavender
4 drops Lavender + 5 drops Frankincense
5 drops Lavender + 5 drops Wild Orange
5 drops Lavender + 4 drops Breathe
4 drops Lavender + 3 drops Frankincense + 2 drops Wild Orange